Saturday, December 12, 2009

A message from Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio





My Dear Friend:

I am outraged at the sham being played right now by the Obama administration to stop my lawful enforcement of our immigration laws.  Please – I need your help today.

The United State Justice Department just advertised yesterday that they established a Sheriff Joe Arpaio ”Hotline" for the sole purpose of soliciting people (so-called victims) to call and report so-called injustices and wrongdoings that my deputies are allegedly conducting. This is a blatant and transparent demonstration of the hollow shell of the Justice Department’s non-existent case against me.  Further, it clearly shows the level of outright fraud on their part to bring baseless allegations against the very deputies that THEY THEMSELVES trained to arrest illegal aliens.

Just last month, the Obama White House through the Justice Department and Homeland Security Department under Janet Napolitano, took away my authority to make street arrests and detain illegal immigrants and human smugglers. I have defied that outrageous and irresponsible federal policy that does nothing but tie the hands of Sheriffs and Police officers all across the country. 

Since October when my Deputy Sheriffs had their federal authority pulled by the Obama White House, we have continued crime suppression operations in accordance with the Constitution of the United States and the Laws of the State of Arizona.  My office, in this short month-and-a-half time, has arrested 54 felony smugglers and caused the deportation of over 1,400 illegal aliens.  This brings to a total of illegal aliens captured and deported to almost 35,000 in the last two years. This represents almost one-third of the total arrests and deportations in the entire United States; and more than all of the other 64 local law enforcement agencies combined.

The Obama White House wants to put me out of business. Why?

The only reason they are doing this is to stop me from enforcing the laws of this state and our country.  Why?  Why would they try to prevent me from arresting those who are breaking the law?  It all comes down to AMNESTY.  They want to so badly weaken laws against illegal immigration that they can establish automatic citizenship for those who cross our borders illegally.  It is appalling to think that the Obama administration wants to spend our tax dollars in placing these criminals in hospitals and hotels at our expense while they figure out a way to con the citizens of the United States that this is good for our economy. This is rubbish and insults the intelligence of hard working Americans.

If the liberal politicians and media want me to stop arresting illegal immigrants and human smugglers, then they need to change the law.  For me to pick and choose which laws I want to enforce would not only be a dereliction of duty, it would lead to anarchy and chaos. I am saddened that so few politicians will join this fight and choose to ignore the laws and make empty excuses as to why we cannot secure our borders. That is why I need your help today.

The DOJ knows full well that by establishing a toll-free number, in English and in Spanish, that my political opponents, left-wing open borders activists and extremists can “stack the deck” and make any open-ended allegation they want to. The Department of Justice has already lied and openly violated the rights of my Deputies.

The allegations against me and my office are already absurd.  You can just imagine what will happen now.

Never in my thirty years of working as a federal law enforcement official did we ever target a locally elected Sheriff the way this Obama Administration has. This is a fight that I cannot lose. This is the front line in the battle on illegal immigration. This is a fight that WE cannot lose.

The same people who have called me a racist; depicted me as a KKK member hanging a Hispanic man; burned me in effigy; beheaded me in effigy then paraded my severed head in a mob of cheering protesters; sued and picketed me will be calling that hotline on daily basis making more and more outrageous and false claims against me and my dedicated Deputies. 

This action by the Justice Department is completely irresponsible, reckless and provocative.  In fact, it’s so far out there they may have gotten the idea from the Reverend Al Sharpton.  (The Rev. Al Sharpton came to Phoenix earlier this year just so he could hold an Anti-Arpaio rally and label me a racist.)

Today, I make you a steadfast promise: No matter what political shenanigans these people try, I will never back down one inch.  And, I’m not going to surrender.

But I desperately need your help.

These left-wing groups and their allies in the media need to know just how strong the support is among law-abiding people like you for me and my policies.  They are mounting an all out effort to remove me as Sheriff.  For months now, people have been bused in to protest in front of my headquarters. Will you please stand with me and help me fight this fight? 

It’s going to take a lot of resources to combat these false allegations – as well as the latest talk about a recall campaign against me. We anticipate the hardest campaign in Maricopa county history to remove me due to my unyielding stance on illegal immigration enforcement.

Your financial support today is so critical.  Please log on to http://www.reelectjoearpaio.com right now and make a much needed contribution.  Any amount you can offer today is tremendously appreciated. I promise I will not let you down.  Our country's future depends on what we do now.

I cannot thank you enough for joining me in this battle.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Sheriff Joe Arpaio
Maricopa County

2 comments:

  1. The fools in Washington don't have a clue, about the consequence of calling for another Comprehensive Immigration Reform package. Has anybody really got any conceivable idea of the ramifications, once President Obama and his political troops whisper AMNESTY. It will be like the final Marconi radio SS (Save our Souls) urgent message from the sinking HMS Titanic? Those perpetrators who want to pass a bill of Immigration reform, are completely ignorant of the masses of humanity that will be pushing against the border fence. From the tip of South America to the huge continent of Asia, new peoples are already biding their time? It will not matter if E-Verify becomes a permanent fixture or even if Homeland Security fully empowers once again the uniformed police 287 (g) federal immigration detainment bill. Even a sudden surge in ICE raids or any enforcement matters will be completely obsolete, as millions more will be stampeding at the border barrier. It might as not exist, for all the good it will do against millions of destitute, sick, handicapped, pregnant, criminal and just illegal immigrants looking for a better life. Then once settled here they can sponsor most family members including their progeny. Tell me who is going to stop this sudden surge in numbers, that will start moving towards the fence in Canada and the Southern border line. Then we have tourists and students who have arrived for years by aircraft, but never returned to their home country. People trying to cross the undermanned border will never end. Knowing that there is always a chance of another AMNESTY, those who cannot make it in their own country will keep on coming--and never STOP?

    Has anybody with at least one brain cell in their head, considered that once somebody yells AMNESTY--everybody and their Grandmother are going to be slipping across the border or boarding a jet to come here. Neither the Border Patrol, National Guard or Jesus Christ himself are going to stop, the millions of destitute, uneducated, unskilled foreign labor and all the rest in this behemoth deluge? They will wait for the call to go out and just like the 1986 AMNESTY, they will appear with fraudulent documents, that indicates they have been here 5 years or more. Those 3 million people who were legitimized, turned into 5 million after the Simpson/Mazzoli bill was ratified? We already are subsidizing 20 to 30 million foreign national families, whose going to pay for the unknown number waiting just across the fence? Its going to be the unmentionable mass numbers, exiting from every far corner of the impoverished countries on this Earth to be departing for America. GOD HELP THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND ITS SURVIVAL.

    So get on the phone and demand as a voter for your lawmaker to vote for THE SAVE ACT (H.R. 3308) and be relentless. The number to call is 202-224-3121. Also bombard the House-Senate policy makers with 28 cent postcards, to stop the open border organizations from engineering another Path to citizenship or AMNESTY. Tell them to amend the 1986 Immigration Reform Act, not another facade that was a bloated with fraud. Understand that THE SAVE ACT will protect American jobs and remove illegal immigrants from working locations over time. Those who believe in America’s survival, without OVERPOPULATION as stated by the US Census bureau better read the facts, not the lies at NUMBERSUSA. Those who want details of corruption in WASHINGTON and state government go to JUDICIAL WATCH. For Overpopulation statistics, should go to CAPSWEB. Other sites of interest on Immigration enforcement is ALIPAC and AMERICAN PATROL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Democrats are looking to pack the house with new voters. Granting amnesty and citizenship to 20 million or more illegal aliens is their way of looking at the 2010 elections with more assurance.

    ReplyDelete

No foreign language comments allowed. English only. If you cannot access the comments window send me an email at Oldironsides@fuse.net.