Honesty has a provable track record. I'm talking about my honesty and the honesty of my fellow conservative bloggers. Hillary has no concept of the word but many people will still vote for Hillary 'The Witch' Clinton because they believe her lies and deceptions. After all, she is a smooth talker, and like the recent TV commercial tells it, a supposedly Republican woman says she's voting for Hillary because she sounds reasonable. But also because they don't believe all the conservative talk about her dishonesty and lies.
Barack Hussein Obama was another smooth talker and didn't he sound reasonable back in 2009 when he talked about his hallmark legislation called The Affordable Care Act? I'm sure you remember his famous lines: "You can keep you doctor." "You can keep your healthcare plan." In four short years The Affordable Care Act has become very unaffordable and while more than half of states that set up plans have actually gone bankrupt, the remaining plans have been raising monthly premiums by double-digit percentages.
But didn't we tell you this years ago that it would happen? Here are a few articles from my own blog published when ObamaCare was first turned loose on America. We have been talking about this for years so if you want to refresh your memory just type in the word obamacare in the search box in the upper left corner.
Sep 25th, 2013 by TMH
Some things?! You’ve got to be kidding me… This is not just a train wreck, it is an absolute horror story for each and every family in America. While the elites have made sure they have exemptions, the rest of us are going to be ground into the dust of poverty. We are about to be literally taxed to death. I feel sick — too bad I won’t be able to see a doctor about that.
Here is a partial list of things to come — from Americans for Tax Reform:
And by “some things,” he means uninsured families, medical devices, workplace flex accounts, small businesses, Health Savings Accounts, savings income…
Starting in tax year 2013:
- Obamacare Medical Device Tax: Medical device manufacturers employ 409,000 people in 12,000 plants across the country. Obamacare imposes a new 2.3 percent excise tax on gross sales – even if the company does not earn a profit in a given year. In addition to killing small business jobs and impacting research and development budgets, this will make everything from pacemakers to artificial hips more expensive.
- Obamacare High Medical Bills Tax: Before Obamacare, Americans facing high medical expenses were allowed a deduction to the extent that those expenses exceeded 7.5 percent of adjusted gross income (AGI). Obamacare now imposes a threshold of 10 percent of AGI. Therefore, Obamacare not only makes it more difficult to claim this deduction, it widens the net of taxable income.
- Obamacare Flexible Spending Account Tax: The 30 – 35 million Americans who use a pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) at work to pay for their family’s basic medical needs face a new Obamacare cap of $2,500. This will squeeze $13 billion of tax money from Americans over the next ten years. (Before Obamacare, the accounts were unlimited under federal law, though employers were allowed to set a cap.) Now, a parent looking to sock away extra money to pay for braces will find themselves quickly hitting this new cap, meaning they would have to pony up some or all of the cost with after-tax dollars.
- Obamacare Super Saver Surtax: A new, 3.8 percent surtax on investment income earned in households making at least $250,000 ($200,000 single).
- Obamacare Medicare Payroll Tax Increase: First $200,000 ($250,000 Married) Employer/Employee — 1.45%/1.45%, 2.9% self-employed. All Remaining Wages Employer/Employee — 1.45%/2.35%, 3.8% self-employed. And increase of .9%.
Starting in tax year 2014:
- Obamacare Individual Mandate Non-Compliance Tax: Starting in 2014, anyone not buying “qualifying” health insurance – as defined by President Obama’s Department of Health and Human Services — must pay an income surtax to the IRS. The Congressional Budget Office recently estimated that six million American families will be liable for the tax, and as pointed out by the Associated Press: “Most would be in the middle class.”
(Delayed by Obama to 2015):
- Obamacare Employer Mandate Tax: If an employer does not offer health coverage, and at least one employee qualifies for a health tax credit, the employer must pay an additional non-deductible tax of $2,000 for all full-time employees. This provision applies to all employers with 50 or more employees. If any employee actually receives coverage through the exchange, the penalty on the employer for that employee rises to $3,000. If the employer requires a waiting period to enroll in coverage of 30-60 days, there is a $400 tax per employee ($600 if the period is 60 days or longer).
- Obamacare Tax on Health Insurers: Annual tax on the industry imposed relative to health insurance premiums collected that year. The tax phases in gradually until 2018. Fully imposed on firms with $50 million in profits.
Starting in tax year 2018:
This doesn’t include all the massive paperwork and fines that are to come. Buckle up and get ready to experience Obamacare and all its taxes.
- Obamacare Tax on Union Member and Early Retiree Health Insurance Plans: Obamacare imposes a new 40 percent excise tax on high cost or “Cadillac” health insurance plans, effective in 2018. This tax increase will most directly affect union families and early retirees, who are likely to be covered by such plans. This Obamacare tax will be levied on insurance policies whose premiums exceed $10,200 for an individual and $27,500 for a family. Middle class union members tend to be covered by such plans in states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan. Higher threshold ($11,500 single/$29,450 family) for early retirees and high-risk professions. CPI +1 percentage point indexed.