Monday, January 20, 2014

Life, Liberty and the politics of Democrat Andrew Cuomo. Simply put it's Good versus Evil. Right versus Wrong.


Democrats are the Black Hole of politics. They suck the life and liberty out of free people. They make people slaves of the state. The Blaze has reprinted the transcript of New York Democrat Governor Andrew Cuomo's Friday morning interview to WCNY’s Susan Arbetter where he said that Pro-Life and Pro-Gun conservative Republicans do not belong in New York. When the New York Post quoted Gov. Cuomo his office tried to deny he ever said it. You can hear the full interview here (at the 09:20 mark). Since I used to live in New York and am very glad I no longer have to, I have a few comments on this issue as well.

Gov. Cuomo said: "70% of this state wants intelligent gun control." Well, I'm for intelligent gun control also. I always hold my weapon with both hands because I strongly believe in my right to self-defense. The difference between me and my conservative opinions and him and his ultra-liberal opinions is how we define our words.

Gov. Cuomo is right when he claims that moderate Republicans, who hold the majority in the New York Senate, gave New Yorkers the SAFE Act that deprives them the right to own a gun. Just as moderate Republicans in Congress aid and abet the Democratic Party agenda. The Republican Party removed their own spines, losing their ability to stand up and became moderates after the conservative wing of the party was driven away by ultra-liberal Republicans. The greatest mistake the conservative Republicans made 
after they left the Republican Party in the 1960s and started the N.Y. State Conservative Party was to not rejoin the mainstream Republican Party after Ronald Reagan became President. Had they done so they would have solidified the conservative majority in the Republican Party forever. Now we seem to be reliving the darkest days of the 1960s all over again. Instead of the Republican Party being controlled by ultra-liberals like Nelson Rockefeller and Jacob Javits, it is controlled by spineless RINOs like John McCain and Mitt Romney.
Arizona Republican Barry Goldwater famously declared in his bold acceptance speech at the 1964 Republican Presidential Convention, "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." My acceptance of his famous words is why I have always supported true Republicans.
My name is Nelson Abdullah and I am Oldironsides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No foreign language comments allowed. English only. If you cannot access the comments window send me an email at Oldironsides@fuse.net.